Sunday, March 20, 2011

purim....

Friday started off with a street party in Tel Aviv...what an amazing experience...there was a DJ in the middle of it all right infront of the Tel Aviv Art Museum.  The costumes were great and just overall it was a sight to be seen.  That night we had shabbat dinner..all 26 of us gathered in our apartment for an amazing meal that was prepared by all wujies (I actually got to say the kiddush and the motze).  The party then continued the rest of the night with more bonding and drinking ;)

Saturday was a chill day...we woke up went to the beach....had lunch on the beach and then layed out and had a great relaxing time.  Then we all went home to get ready for our WUJS purim party.  I decided to dress up as a person going to the gym...I know inventive but wasn't really in the mood to figure out a costume and was super excited to be comfy for a night out of dancing.  The party was great...we got there super early so we could all get in for free and literally danced the night away.  Then we left for a street party in our area which turned out to be quite the experience...lets just say i had to use some of my kickboxing skills (Im totally fine but was definitely a weird experience and another reason why im not a fan of the israeli mentality of no personal space!!!!)  Def missing the meaning of personal space here!  Stayed up late and just hung out all together in our apartments.

Today started out with a nice breakfast with the guys across the way and wound up being a catch up day...cleaning the apartment...organizing everything and then I went to find a gym.  Going to look at one more gym and make my decision by Tuesday.

Everything is slowly coming together...slowly learning this amazing city (not gonna lie kinda miss nyc sometimes)...still have my ups and downs but I definitely feel like things are slowly falling into place but all in all I would have to say that this first week has been great and I'm looking forward to whats to come!

Tomorrow is my first day of work and ulpan so very excited!

Talk to you soon and love u all!!!

<3 D

4 comments:

  1. Miss you! Just remember- GET. IN. THERE :)
    I'll be thinking about you and wishing you the best time!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoever just posted this forgot to sign in so i don't know who wrote...but thank you!!!! love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured it was you...but just wanted to make sure!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete