Saturday, April 9, 2011

through the good days and the bad....

Hello Everyone!!  I just looked when I last posted and realized it has been a while...I guess thats a good thing because it means I've been busy..lol!  Anyways today is catchup day and relaxation day.

So here we go...recap of the past two weeks:

Work is going great...sitting in meetings for a new project that is in the works; site meetings at the residential towers that are nearing completion and general office work.  I can't say enough how amazing everyone is that I work with...so inviting and warm really feels like a family.  This past week i got invited out with the rest of the staff for drinks and snacks to celebrate Pesach.  It was soo nice being around everyone from the office and seeing how much each and everyone of them is appreciated by the company.

Last Friday I got invited over to my boss's house for Shabbat dinner...it was amazing.  He is quite the chef!  I brought my roommate Jessica with me and we met two other couples around our age who were also at the dinner.  The evening started out with cosmos and ended with this amazing chocolate cake type of dessert and fresh watermelon!!!  We then got a ride back to Tel Aviv from one of the couples. 

Saturday was spent relaxing and exercising and just catching up on everything....which has become my typical saturday...as sad as that sounds..lol!  But it is technically our Sunday here so I think thats a valid reason for a lazy day :)

On Sunday we got tickets to the Macabi TA vs. Macabi Haifa came at Nokia Stadium...let's just say the journey to get there was quite interesting...the neighborhood we were going to walk through was quite sketchy so we wound up taking the bus through the new central bus station (which I pass by every morning...but never go into) and finally got a bus that would take us there so that we would be on time.  Finally made it to the stadium to watch the game...let's just say I could play basketball better than these people and thats not saying a lot for supposedly one of the best teams in the league..lol!

The next day was work and ulpan and I also had to stop by Kikar Rabin to pick up my packet for the 10k I was running on Friday.  Definitely typical Israel I get there and they can't find my packet so I have to go get one without my name on it but whatever it all worked itself out.

This week I was def feeling under the weather...I don't know if it was allergies or catching a cold that is going around this country but I tried to take it easy as best as I could. 

On Tuesday we had a day trip to Jerusalem...which was more like a reenactment of birthright through the old city...mainly the Jewish Quarter through the Zion Gate.  It was great being in Jerusalem but it def felt like a blur the minute we got back to Tel Aviv...the weather had been rainy and gloomy all day and all week for the most part so it def was a little tiring.  But we ended the night with an evening of grey's anatomy and popcorn and chocolate in our apartment...it reminded me of home as we sat around our living room watching this TV show that I love soo much!!!

Wednesday was a really busy day...had work in the morning....then the Pesach get together with work and then I had my first accupuncture appt in Israel...it was soo nice being around that type of environment but I'm not gonna lie...accupuncture here is nothing like at home...miss you Kim!

Thursday consisted of work and then a seminar about Israeli culture...however to get to the seminar after work was quite a feat...no sherut would stop for my friend and I...we finally caught a bus that took us into Tel Aviv and took another bus to the seminar and finally made it there only a half hour late.  The rest of the night consisted of carb loading and getting a good night sleep for my run the next morning.

So the 10k....I had been so apprehensive about running this race...I didn't train at all when I was here...just went to the gym and did the usual...but I guess from my kickboxing and weight training the month before I came I had enough strength to finish the race without stopping (i'm very proud!!!!) in 58.57 minutes!!!!!  After that race I was soo proud of myself and this accomplishment!  I was definitely on a high from finishing for the entire day...of course until I got back to my apartment and was ready to pass out from being soo tired.  Spent the rest of the day relaxing and hanging out and proceeded to get a good 10 hours of sleep last night so that I woke up this morning quite refreshed and a little sore which I'll take...I love feeling sore however bad that sounds just makes me feel like I did something good for my body the day before...lol!

Today I am going to check out "Fresh Paint" Tel Aviv 2011...an art show of young artists that happens once a year here in TA.  Should be great!

These past two weeks have been a little bit of an adjustment emotionally and physically...I've def felt lonely here and there but I try to look at the positive of every situation and I know that when things are rough they are just making me a stronger person in the end so that I appreciate everything in life even more!  So thank you all for all your support and guidance because I really think back to it during my bad days and it helps me get through and change them into great life changing days!

Love u and miss u all!!!!

<3 D

No comments:

Post a Comment